Thursday, October 14, 2010

On Line Class


Today we didn't have class, but we did have an assigment.
For todays assignment the entire class edited a google doc at the same time, it was really interesting, but I had trouble at first because my screen kept telling me that I needed to veiw the full site and I had NO idea had to do that, but I finally figured it out and was able to get my information typed in! It was a way to get information without copying and pasting everything. We then took the information that was entered into the document and maped it. The program we used was batchego.This program allowed us to copy and paste information into it then it did everything else. All of the addresses that the class entered were marked on a map, which I thought was pretty cool!

My map is located at http://www.batchgeo.com/map/5dea29be34a1b2cefcfc6934baf4d88e

Once I got the hang of it, it was really cool and I am very interested in using it now! I would use this in a classroom because this is something that I feel would amaze anyone and especially kids would find this to be something excitting and new.
 The NETS that go along with this assignment are
1D: model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in face-to-face and virtual environments.
  

I chose this one because we still learned new things, but not in a classroom environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment